Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Non-white Noise"

This is my entry to the Sculpture by the Desk competition.
It's meant to look like a radio made out of things I found in my recycling bin!
It does look more like a collage made by a 10 year old, but I thought I should post it regardless.

In art speak, I would describe this artwork as a documentation of the way in which we live in a paper-driven society.
I wanted to also examine the way in which we rely on other resources, such as newspapers, and they form part of the fabric of what we produce.
The construction of a radio from layered newspaper cuttings, ABC stationary, post packages and media images shows the multi-dimensional aspect of radio. 
This suggests that radio distils other media; visual, textual, sensual; and allows an auditory representation of these experiences.

Send photographs of your desk sculptures to 702@your.abc.net.au
Chloe, 702 Afternoon Show Producer

No comments:

Post a Comment